Friday, June 29, 2012

Made it to Windhoek

After a long and uneventful flight full of great conversations with people, I arrived in Windhoek around 7:30 pm on June 27. I didn't even have a lot to carry because my bags didn't make it past Johannesburg! No worries because they will bring them to Arandis and God knows the needs here and He'll provide even if they are lost. Buddy, Julia, Grace (their loving two year old who already has given me lots of hugs and snuggles) and Liam (their bright-eyed and content five-week old) were gracious to pick me up and bless me with thier hospitality. We had a great meal and I'm very rested from the long journey. My bus leaves Windhoek at 2pm so we are going to take a trip into the food market this morning to try Mealy Mealy worms and Cabana (Namibian Meat!) Yay, I have been wanting to experience this! I'll arrive in Arandis late tonight. I just wanted to say a quick hello and goie morra, not the proper spelling for "Good Morning!" I am anxious to see what the Lord will have planned for the weekend, I'm blessed to be back in this amazing country and grateful that the travel went well and that it's over. Excited and delighted are what begin to describe how I'm feeling; physically, spiritually, mentally whole and at peace. To my family, I love you and thanks so much for all your help in preparation and getting out the door. My jet lag is keeping me from completely forming the phrases to communicate this. I'll be in touch! With Love and peace from Windhoek, Anna G.

3 comments:

  1. So exciting that you got to spend some time with Buddy and Julia and their children! Your bags are sure to show up in Arandis at some point. My second bag went to Botswana last year before catching up to me! Safe travels the rest of the way. Chat with you again when you get settled in! Can't wait to hear how everyone is doing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah! You made it! And it's good to hear about you being excited and whole and making connections with people already. Hopefully your exercise in flexibility (missing luggage) doesn't last too long.

    Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have gone this far by faith and by faith your bags will arrive soon with all that was in them in tact. I'm very happy to know all went well with you so far(except the luggage) I look forward to hearing more of what God is doing in Arandis and praying that you are able to get some visitors at some point in time. I just looked at my passport it needs to be renewed. I would love for God to make a way to have me come see you. Love you missing you already!

    ReplyDelete