Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Little Bit of a Veiw of Swakopmund

Someone asked where I was living...here is a picture of my home in Namibia. Haha, just kidding, that's right on the Atlantic Ocean - nice cheap summer home :) Well, I am staying in a very nice home in Arandis, house and dog-sitting while the principle is away. It's large and a little lonely for one person, but I have my own room and plenty of space. I am very blessed with all that I could ever need - that is for sure. The picture is a nice town called Swakopmund, only about a 60 km (40 minute) taxi ride from the Uranium Mining town of Arandis. This is where I can go grocery shopping and say hello to the south Atlantic. It's also where you see the baptism pictures in the photo album. Since there is a large tourist section of this town, there is a wood market where you can barter and buy. Be careful though, it can become very uncomfortable once they talk you into buying to support thier family and tug at you more than you want. I know to just keep walking and go without money in my pockets :)

I actually took my first taxi to town yesterday afternoon. Although I was hesitant to go alone, it needed to be done, it was very pleasant and I will certainly do it more often. I went with "small boy" I'm not sure of his real name.  

2 comments:

  1. Anna! The market looks awesome! Can't wait to see more pictures, keep them coming, we LOVE THEM! And I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you click on the photo album, on the right hand side. You must wait till it opens up to a slide show. They are all in there!

    ReplyDelete