Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Reflection

This year at MCC - between starting the MCC Community Service Department, Service Saturdays heading up the ASB trips, coordinating the Namibia Mission 2011, among other things - has been a year of tremendous growth both professionally and spiritually. I have hopefully gained respect among students, colleagues, supervisors, and family members. Many have said they are proud of the things that have been accomplished through my life. For some reason there is always a sense of feeling lost and needing direction. Whenever one person finishes a big milestone, there is always another journey waiting ahead, the transition time between is always the toughest part when you feel that you are absolutely nothing.

I am hoping that very soon, I will come to find firm ground for my feet. If this foundation only focuses on my situations, what my life looks like at this moment in time, what I have accomplished for myself; than it's an extremely rocky one which is very uncomfortable to build on. I am realizing more and more as I live my life that the firm foundation will not come from:
1. finances which are always unstable 2. jobs 3. family health 4. relationships
It will only come from Christ, that higher power that controls the universe and holds my life in the palm of His hand. He is my rock and my redeemer, whom shall I be afraid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment